Monday 3 April 2017

Infusions/Stencils and Oxide Inks

Just back from Edinburgh and had a fabulous time with DH/friends..........it really is  one of my  all time favourite cities with everything you could want to see within walking distance....well nearly everything as I do love the Roslyn Chapel, which is a few miles out with the city. Glasgow is another fabulous  city and if you love shopping then it is much better than Edinburgh. 

Below I am sharing a couple of cards made for birthday celebrations. 
I have to say that these cards were so much nicer in real life, with the pink and blue really popping against the background.
 The background is created using  Infusions by Paperartsy and the stencil by Kay Carley is also a PA product. 
I mixed PA Mermaid Acrylic Chalk Paint  to PA Grunge Paste and used a palette knife to apply it through the stencil. A piece of stained ribbon was placed round the two large stems.
I used Distress Oxides to colour the new Tim Holtz Butterfly Dies, which look amazing with the various layers of colour.  Along with the ribbon the butterflies really added to the dimension of the card. A label die was then stamped with a TH stamp and adhered with foam tape, adding more depth/detail.
Thank You for dropping in and I will be back Friday with the start of a new challenge at AVJ, which I am hosting.  Might even give you a Sneak Peek of what I am making before then !!!!

Take care and huge hugs


post signature

8 comments:

  1. Good Morning Annie. What a lovely card to start a Monday morning. The colours are so,pretty and the stencil looks amazing too. Love your butterfly it looks so colourful. Glad you enjoyed your week end in Auld Reekie too. Hugs Mum xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards, glad you had fun in Edinburgh. I remember Roslyn well from childhood visits. Have a good week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous birthday card design Annie, the layers look gorgeous and I bet both were well received. Glad you had fun away, looking forward to seeing you next Sunday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful designs Annie, I just love the soft colour of the flowers and the butterflies are gorgeous! So pleased to hear your enjoyed your weekend with friends, I love Edinburgh too and also love the shopping in Glasgow, must try to do some again some time ... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been having a catch up tonight and I loved all your recent projects. These two cards are beautiful, the oxide inks give wonderful soft backgrounds.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Annie! Love the infusions background! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your infusion backgrounds, still to play with my Oxides. Beautiful cards.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are superbeautiful annie. What gorgeous colours you have made. The infusions look beautiful. Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to visit my blog. I really do appreciate your comments and will always do my best to return them.

Annie x